Adopt a Kiosk: how it works
Since we launched our Adopt a Kiosk scheme, more than 4000 communities across the UK have seized the opportunity to do something wonderful with local phone boxes that had little or no usage.
Here’s how you can join them –
Apply to adopt
1.If you are interested in adopting a kiosk please complete your contact details below.
2. For information, here are the relevant contract agreement we will send you:
3. Buy the phone box from us for the nominal sum of £1.
If you’re successful
4. We’ll disconnect the phone in the box and take it away.
5. If there’s a power connection to the box, you can keep that going for free or take it over yourself.
The legal stuff
6. You’ll buy the phone box as seen, with any and all physical defects. BT neither gives nor assumes any representations, warranties or conditions concerning the quality of the kiosk or its fitness for purpose.
7. The adopting community will be responsible for all support and maintenance of the kiosk and for any liability resulting from the kiosk or its use following completion of the transfer.
8. Once you’ve adopted the kiosk it’s your responsibility to let the public know that we’ve removed the phone. To help you do this, download the relevant sign:
If the above criteria means you are eligible to apply and adopt one of our kiosks, please complete the registration details below.
Please ensure that each box on the form is fully completed as we will not be able to process or respond to any incomplete applications.