BT Customer Service Compensation Scheme
Sometimes things go wrong so we've got our Customer Service Compensation Scheme, which covers our broadband, fibre, and phone systems.
How can I make a claim
It's easy to make a claim: just fill in the form below and we'll look into it for you.
But before you rush to the form, please take a look at these conditions -
- You can only make a claim for products listed in the product name dropdown list below.
- You must have reported the fault to us (and have been given a fault reference number).
- Wait for 24 hours after we've fixed the fault before you make your claim (that's so we can be sure that we have actually fixed the problem).
- Make sure you claim within 90 days of us fixing the fault (sorry, but we won't accept claims made after 90 days).
- If your fault reference number looks like this: '1-123456789', call us on 0800 800 154 (rather than filling in the form below).
- Check the full details of the scheme if you want to know more.
When you make your claim, you'll need your:
Click to see what you will need to make a claim
- Account number - You'll find your account number on your bill. It'll be in the format: 2 letters followed by 8 numbers. For example: WM 12345678.
- Fault reference - You'll get a fault reference number when you report your fault, either online or on the phone. If you haven't got a fault reference number, you need to contact us. If you have one it will look like one of these: VOL011-00123456789, NE7KCX43, 1-123456789 (if it looks like this, don't fill in the form: call us on 0800 800 154)
If you give us the wrong details, it'll take longer to deal with your claim because we'll have to email you for more information.