How to adopt a kiosk
Here’s all you need to know before you adopt an iconic red phone box
Adopt a Kiosk: how it works
Since we launched our Adopt a Kiosk scheme, more than 5,000 communities across the UK have seized the opportunity to do something wonderful with local phone boxes that had little or no usage.
Here’s how you can join them …
Apply to adopt
1. If you are interested in adopting a kiosk please complete the registration form.
2. For information, here are the relevant contract agreement we will send you:
3. Buy the phone box from us for the nominal sum of £1.
If you’re successful
4. We’ll disconnect the phone in the box and take it away.
5. If there’s a power connection to the box, you can keep that going for free or take it over yourself.
The legal stuff
6. You’ll buy the phone box as seen, with any and all physical defects. BT neither gives nor assumes any representations, warranties or conditions concerning the quality of the kiosk or its fitness for purpose.
7. The adopting community will be responsible for all support and maintenance of the kiosk and for any liability resulting from the kiosk or its use following completion of the transfer.
8. Once you’ve adopted the kiosk, it’s your responsibility to let the public know we’ve removed the phone. To help you do this, download the relevant sign:
Would you like to adopt one of our kiosks?
Do you meet the eligibility criteria described in the sale and purchase agreements for your area? Then simply drop us an email with your name and contact details and we'll be in touch shortly.