Setting up your Business Smart Hub
If we've arranged for an engineer to set-up your broadband, there's no need to do anything. Just have your Hub ready for when they arrive.
Doing it yourself
Don't do anything until your BT broadband or fibre service is working (if you're having a new service, we'll tell you when it's ready).
Unplug all your old kit
To get the fastest possible speed with the new Hub, unplug all your old broadband kit including the power plug, micro-filters, and cable.
Connect your new Hub to the phone socket
Plug one end of the broadband cable (the one with grey ends) into your Hub and the other into your master phone socket.
- A master socket is the main socket for the phone line in your premises (not an extension socket).
- Some master sockets have two ports; some have one. If yours is a single master socket, you'll need to use a micro-filter.
Plug it in and turn it on
Slide the two parts of the Hub's power plug together until they click into place then connect it to the Hub, plug it in, and turn it on using the power button on the back of the Hub.
- Only use the plug that came with your new Hub.
- The light on the front will change colours while your Hub sets itself up. This takes a few minutes.
Your Hub is ready as soon as the light turns to a steady blue.
- If it doesn't turn steady blue see help connecting to the internet.
Finish setting up online with Smart Setup
When you connect a device to your Hub for the first time, your web browser will let you manage any of your BT Business Extras.