How do I change from the BT mail server to a different mail server?
If you've currently got BT hosted email addresses using your domain name please contact us via DNS Mailbox Redirect form. As part of this we'll need to remove all email addresses ending at that domain name from our system so please back them up first.
Alternatively if you've never used domain for email with us you can perform an MX record repoint yourself. Please follow the below steps:
- Sign in to Manage services.
- In the Domains section, click on the Manage your domain name. The BT Domains Centre opens with the Domain Maintenance page.
- Click on the Manage button next to the domain name you wish to modify.
- Click the Advanced Domain Manager link on the menu to the left.
- You can now modify your MX records. Be very careful as any mistakes can cause you to lose email or cause your website to go down.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Changes take up to 24 hours to become active after which time a confirmation email is sent to your administrator email address.