What are SRV records and how do I add them?
What do SRV records do?
SRV records are used by some services (including Microsoft Office 365) to direct traffic to another location on a specific port.
Here are the default Microsoft Office 365 SRV records which BT Business uses for hosted domains:
How do I add SRV records via the domain portal?
The Domain Maintenance page allows you to add SRV records to a BT Business hosted domain.
When adding the SRV records, you’ll notice the Key, Type and Value fields are listed (as shown below) rather than the Service, Protocol, Priority, Weight, Port and Target fields.
To add the two default Microsoft Office 365 SRV records shown above, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in to Manage Service as the primary user of the account.
- In the Domains section, click on the Manage your domain name. The BT Domains Centre opens with the Domain Maintenance page.
- Click on Manage next to the domain name you wish to alter (all of your BT Business domain names will be listed here).
- Select Advanced Domain Manager from the left-hand menu.
- Using a blank field select SRV as the Type instead of none.
- Enter _sip._tls as the Key.
- Enter 100 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com as the Value.
- Using another blank field select SRV as the Type instead of none.
- Enter _sipfederationtls._tcp as the Key.
- Enter 100 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com as the Value.
- Click on Save.
Once you've saved the changes in the domain management portal, the SRV records will show as follows: