DNS transfer out request
This form should be used to request the transfer out of a domain hosted by BT Business to another registrar.
Note: Please provide a preferred contact email address that is different from the domain to be transferred. If you don't, you may not receive our reply once the transfer is completed.
Need help quickly? Try live chat
- First name is required
- Last name is required
- Contact email address is required
- Contact email address is invalid
- Landline contact number is required
- Landline contact number must contain numbers only
- Landline contact number must begin with 0
- Landline contact number must contain between 9 and 11 digits
- Mobile contact number is required
- Mobile contact number must contain numbers only
- Mobile contact number The preferred mobile contact number you supplied does not seem to be a mobile number. Please check before submitting your request.
- BT Account number is also required
- BT Account number should be two letters followed by eight numbers eg WM12345678
- The BT Account number doesn't seem to be correct. It should be two letters followed by eight numbers. Please don't use the examples shown
- Answer to your security question is required
- Domain your query relates to (eg yourdomain.co.uk). If more than one, please add to 'Details of your enquiry' is required
- Domain your query relates to (eg yourdomain.co.uk). If more than one, please add to 'Details of your enquiry' must end with the correct domain name
- New registrar company name or IPS tag (if domain ends .co.uk, .org.uk, .uk) is required
- Reason for transfer is required
- Do you intend to use BT for your domain mailboxes once the transfer is complete? is required
Once you have received confirmation we have completed the transfer, you need to contact the new host of your domain and get them to update the MX record on the domain to the one you will be supplied
If you have mailboxes @ your domain setup with BT at the moment, you'll be asked to de-activate them. Details on how to do so can be found on the following Help & Support articles :
How do I download and backup all of your mailbox content in Outlook?
How do I deactivate email accounts?
Thank you for your enquiry. We will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible. Please make a note of your enquiry reference number and use it in further correspondence.
Your enquiry reference number:Business Help