We’ve upgraded your BT Cloud Voice package with Cisco Webex
Webex gives you more
The way we work has changed. Flexibility is everything, we want to work on documents, share screens, exchange messages and get together on video calls, wherever we are.
Cisco Webex is a powerful collaboration tool that puts you in the room when you’re not in the building. And now it’s part of your BT Cloud Voice package.
You’ll need your login details for the Cloud Voice Business Portal.
Forgotten these? Your company admin user will be able to confirm your details andreset your password.
Once in the Portal you will need to find the following:
- Application username
- Application Password – you can reset this if it’s been forgotten
You’ll find them on the My Account page, where you will also see the Set Up Cisco Webex button.
When you’re up and running
If you use the Communicator app, you’ll need to copy over any contacts you have as they won’t be transferred automatically. Then remember to uninstall the Communicator app from all your devices.
The current Cloud Voice Communicator application is being withdrawn and is being replaced with Webex. Which offers a superior collaboration experience with greater functionality and features.
You will be missing out on the improved voice and collaboration app Webex.
In time it will mean that you will no longer be able to use the Communicator application as it is being withdrawn – so best to change now to make the most of Webex. There will be further notifications, but it is being removed.
There are no additional charges for Webex unless to wish to take the optional chargeable Premium Meetings add on.
- Cloud Voice Connect Users and Cloud Voice Collaborate Users automatically receive the upgrade to Webex with no extra charges
- Cloud Voice Premium Meetings is an add-on that gives you premium features such as a Personal Meeting Room participant limit of 1,000 for example
Depending on your Cloud Voice licence you will have access to a variety of messaging, meeting and collaboration features as part of Webex.
Here is a comprehensive guide to the core features available in Webex and how to use them.
Cloud Voice with Cisco Webex Features Guide
If more information is required please go to the - Cisco Webex help & support pages
What are the differences between Cloud Voice Communicator and Webex? They are totally different, Webex is a completely new application with lots of new functionality. As a new app it means you will be starting a fresh.
The key benefits are:
- High-quality video meetings and screen sharing. Be ‘in the room’ from wherever you are. Why spend time on the road when you can be more effective on the internet?
- Instant file sharing. Simply drag and drop files into a space for a colleague or your whole team. It couldn’t be easier, with neatly organised, searchable and saved files.
- White boarding. Sketch out ideas on a digital white board during your calls, with everyone able to pitch-in in real time. For those times when it’s quicker to show people what you’re trying to say.
- Secure virtual work spaces. For everything from completing short-term projects to solving longer-term business opportunities.
- Flexible working. Cloud Voice with Webex seamlessly adapts to whatever device you’re using - smartphone, tablet, desktop - so you can work wherever and however you want.
- The contacts you have in Communicator will not automatically transfer to Webex – so you will need to copy and paste them over
- Your Company Directory you may have on the Business Portal is accessible in Webex, you just need to search for the name and telephone number and add it to Webex contacts. It won’t automatically populate the contacts
- Also any Chats on Communicator will not be transferred over, so if there is any important information in them please copy and save this information before you uninstall communicator
- Call Centres using Communicator have the option for different ring tones for incoming calls. This is not currently available on Webex there is just one ring tone. This is raised as an improvement
- Single Click mode – if you have used this on Communicator it means you have set up a contact to always call one number. On Webex when you select a contact any numbers will be displayed you just need to click on the correct number.