Corporate voice solutions
Transform your business with a smarter approach to call handling
Is your business prepared for the future?
At BT, we’ve always said it’s good to talk.
This hasn’t changed. But in today’s digital age, the way we choose to communicate certainly has. So if you want to transform these challenges into opportunities, you can rely on the network and know-how of the world's oldest telecoms company.
Regardless of your size or budget, you'll find the perfect phone system for your business. And whether you need a PBX, VoIP or converged system, you'll get cost-effective solution, supported by our market-leading networks.
A changing landscape for business, a new world of work
Changing business models
- Data volumes are growing exponentially
- We expect a 50% CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) by 2019/20
Changing employee expectations
- Employees spend 42% of their time away from their desks
- The average worker carries 3 devices
- 60% of businesses allow BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
Changing customer expectations
- Customers are using nearly 10 times more mobile data than they did in 2012
- 72% of customers expect a response within the hour to a complaint on Twitter
Changing technology? Let's talk VoIP
Voice over Internet Protocol. Sounds complicated?
But it's not really. It's just the technology behind making calls over the internet rather than over a traditional phone line.
Cloud-based VoIP systems are amazingly flexible and easy to set up. As they’re hosted in the cloud, they can grow with your business, and they update automatically as technology develops. And because there's not so much hardware, they're cheaper too.
Which type of phone system will be best for your business?
On-premises phone systems
If you have hundreds of users, or you operate a large call centre, on-premises systems – also known as PBX systems – are a powerful solution. These connect to the network using PSTN or ISDN lines.
Alternatively, we can adapt your existing PBX system to VoIP using SIP trunking.
To ensure your PBX solution is the perfect fit for your business, we work with these world-class partners:
A VoIP system makes calls over the internet. If your business is growing, or you plan to expand, VoIP systems give you real flexibility. And because the only hardware you need is VoIP telephones, start-up costs are minimised.
They also give your people the freedom to work where they like. As long as they have an internet connection, they can connect to your phone system and its features.
VoIP systems give you:
- All the features of an on-premises system but without the hardware (and associated investment and maintenance costs)
- Flexibility to change users and features in real-time
- Voice, video, presence, and mobility supported (depending on system)
Converged or hybrid
If you have a business with multiple sites, you may want to consider a converged, or hybrid, system.
These connect n on-premises system at head office to a cloud-based system on your smaller satellite sites using SIP Trunks.
- People at the smaller sites (and any homeworkers) use a simple, plug-and-play cloud-based solution (like BT Cloud Voice)
- All users are part of the same hybrid set-up
- They all share the same BT Cloud Voice call sharer plan, including free internal calls and transfers